Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

my first ever christmas cake

I am now starting to feel VERY festive. Halloween has been and gone and now the next big thing is christmas:)  It will be a special one this year as we will all be together and for a change we are going to have it at home. So for that reason I have gone baking mad, and I am loving it.
The first think I want to do is make a Christmas cake, something I have never done before.  I have really got into baking this year, so I thought yes, maybe I could make a Christmas cake.
So I opened my nigella christmas book and that was that, I had to do it, I love her no fuss recipes, I found it quite easy to make, the hardest part is baking the cake, ensuring not to burn it. The smell was incredible, I was so excited to have the smell of christmas in my house, I couldn't wait for my husband to come home, when he finally did, I was so dissapointed.... he had the cold and couldn't smell a thing, quite funny really.
So now it is all wrapped up in grease proof paper and tin foil, ready for the eventual icing of the cake, can't believe how excited I feel over baking a cake, sorry there are no pictures, but as soon as I can I will up load some :)

1 comment: